In this episode we discuss sports media being more than the home viewers, watching video in a crowd, should sports broadcasts be free, the continued battle between traditional media and streaming and Netflix booed. (Recorded: Tuesday 23rd May, 2017)
Segment 1- Sports Media is more than the home audience, there are people in the stands too?
- Fans Can Soon Control Slow-Motion Highlights On Mobile After Neo 360 Tests Technology
- AFLPA raises concerns about plan for broadcasters to show AFL player GPS data
- Opta’s EVP Andrew Cox Dishes On Data’s Influence In Sports
- neo 360 – Slow Motion Video Mobile Controller
Segment 2 -Should Sports should be free…?
- Champions League Final in VR on BT Sport
- BT Sport offers free VR headsets
Segment 3 -Watching in a crowd?
- MLB’s At Bat VR Provides Fans With Virtual Baseball Heaven To Watch Games, Real-Time Data
- In Lieu Of Comments Section, YouTube VR App To Offer Co-Viewing Feature With Voice Chat
- You’ll soon be able to have YouTube viewing parties in VR
- Three ways social media can help broadcasters
- Facebook Spaces: A New Way To Connect With Friends In VR
- Oculus Rooms and Parties for Gear VR
Segment 4 -The Battle between tradition media and Streaming continues?
- Life without pay TV now a viable option for many
- Forget About the Internet, Network Execs Say—TV Is Still Where It’s At
- Apple’s Original Content Push Could Snare a Former Hollywood Exec
Segment 5 -Netflix No.1 App for streaming
- Survey: Netflix #1 app for TV streaming
- Netflix And Amazon Screenings Are Being Booed At The Cannes Film Festival
- Netflix booed at Okja’s Cannes premiere
- OKJA Trailer (2017)